Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
sd card

2165 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-22 08:34:04

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    Stagecoach
    2016-07-18 12:44:24
     Quite new to Autel so forgive me if I am talking about the wrong thing. Last Wednesday, my shiny new (2014) EU908 arrived. Got all excited about using it so got ready to use. Was told I need update as software out of date. I spent the best part of 2 days trying to connect to PC using supplied USB lead, told by USA support that I had to take card out and into PC. So off I went to PC world and bought a card reader. Did the ness and after about 7 hours all I seemed to get was lots of "install failed". Again message from USA stating "Hello Sir,

If the original SD card is too small then you can change another SD card with larger capacity (16G) to take all updates. Or please format the SD card and download all update again to check the result. If it still has not enough space then please change a new SD card. Thanks!

Best Regards

Amy Lan

Overseas Tech Support

Autel Intelligent Technology Corp., Ltd.

So I did. . Four hours later and about 5% complete. I do not have a brilliant connection where I am (About 6mb at best, about 2 at worse) as infinity has not reached us yet. Right to the main question. Is there a way I can download the files, preferably in one zip file, and transfer to SD card. I do not have time to keep watching this, and bringing my PC to a crawl. Tried uk support and after 43 minutes of being next in queue my battery dies.
    Please let me know before I return to snap-on. Cheers all.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-21 03:41:34 (Reply to:Stagecoach)

I think Autel should ship each new scanner with a micro SD card with the entire scan folder and any necessary .exe files which  is on the hard drive as shipped to save for back up and device recovery purposes.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-07-22 08:34:04 (Reply to:Stagecoach)

Hi, sorry that there is no zip software file for your tool. The software has to be downloaded via your ID and password to the S/N of your tool. Otherwise it is not authorized to be used on your tool. Sometimes the dealer will update the tool before shipping out to customers. But if they don't then customers have to update the tool by themselves. The update may be a little slow. If you need some cars urgently then you can update the vehicle software one by one. Thanks! 
  Total1 Pages